Focus on making your product stand out from the rest by emphasizing on unique features and benefits. Depending on your product and target audience, you’ll want to focus more on one or the other.
If you’re targeting a very particular and specific audience, especially in the B2B sector it can be a better idea to focus on the technical features of your product. Stick to the point and mention the objectively superior qualities of your product.
Otherwise, it’s best to bring attention to your product by showcasing how it’ll benefit your customers and improve their day-to-day lives. Think about how using your product can be easier, simpler or more enjoyable than what the competition has to offer.
I’ve added a list of questions to make it easier:
- Why is it worth writing about this particular product?
- What are its unique features?
- How will it contribute to the consumers’ lives?
- What makes it different from other products?
- Can you somehow compare it to the products offered by your competitors?
- Does your product come in different varieties and sizes?
- Is there a formal product launch ceremony?
Be visual—include high-quality photos and videos displaying your new product
If you want your product to get noticed, you should support it with relevant pictures, photos, videos, logos, and even animated gifs.
However, remember to avoid attachments as much as possible.
That means you shouldn’t send out emails with any attached images or videos (especially large files), resulting in a gigantic and possibly confusing email that will clog up journalists’ inboxes.
But what if you want to send out a press release that contains lots of high-quality and high-res images or videos (and because it’s a way to make your product more attractive for the press—why wouldn’t you)?
Instead of adding attachments to your product press release email, try this:
- Create a visual press release (using a press release creator like Prowly or using a CMS like WordPress)
- Add your product photos, videos & other rich media (such as Facebook posts or Twitter conversations) directly to your press release
- (Optional) post it online to your brand newsroom, a place where you keep all your company press releases
- Send your press release to journalists by using a shareable link (plus, you’ll be able to track open and click rates and see who’s reading your emails)
New product press release examples
Below you’ll find 3 different types of new product press release examples to inspire you to create your own.
Each press release was created with Prowly’s Press Release Creator, which lets you easily create visual press releases (great for showing off your product!) with drag & drop elements and add photos, videos, call-to-action buttons and social media conversations to your press release.
New product line press release example
New cosmetics product press release example
New food product press release example
Conclusion – how to create a product launch press release
By now you should know the basics of creating an effective product press release and pitching it successfully. Lets sum up the essentials:
Every product press release should contain:
- An attractive headline that features unique benefits & features of your product
- The standard elements of a press release: Headline, dateline, lead, body, company info, media contact information
- A specific audience that it’s targetted to (find a list of relevant journalists!)
- Information on why your product is worth talking about and why anyone should be excited about it
- Attractive photos and/or videos of your product added directly to the press release (avoid attachments!)
- ^ Jump To: New Product Press Release Examples (prowly.com)
- ^ new product announcement press release template (prowly.com)
- ^ media contacts database (prowly.com)
- ^ Media lists (prowly.com)
- ^ beauty products or cosmetics (prowly.com)
- ^ a guide on creating a catchy headline (www.grammarly.com)
- ^ is an absolute must (prowly.com)
- ^ press release templates and examples (prowly.com)
- ^ press release creator (prowly.com)
- ^ brand newsroom, (prowly.com)
- ^ Send your press release (prowly.com)
- ^ Press Release Creator (prowly.com)
- ^ find a list of relevant journalists! (prowly.com)
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.